Saturday, October 6, 2012

Online Collaboration

Collaborating online is new for me. I'm simply amazed with all the tools that make this task possible. I am a social person so I am surprised that I am surviving. Why is that?

I think it is because the tools that allow for online collaborating is only missing the face-to-face aspect. I can still talk, share and be myself. I'm learning to communicate more clearly because no one can see my facial expressions. Agreeing is always easy to express, but if I disagree with something, I have to voice it. I can say that it's been a smooth experience thus far.

To accomplish Week 7's assignment, create a one-page web page with the focus on Web Based Content, we communicated through email to get our group together. We agreed to meet on Skype. During this Skype session, we got to know each other a little better, we decided on our focus, we agreed on what we each would do before our next meeting, we created a Google Doc to keep our ideas together, and we set the day and time for our next meeting. Whew!

During our next Skype session, we looked at all the ideas that were on our Google Doc. Yes, everyone did their homework! We chose the articles we wanted to use, we shared the websites we found, we created a Weebly page that we all could access, we decided who would do what, and we set our next Skype day and time. Yes!

I've come to realize that the online collaborative tools that are available are wonderful and reliable. However, these tools are nothing without the people who are using them. Through this journey, I've also come to appreciate my classmates. They, too, are wonderful and reliable. 

Thank you, Ty and Amy, my current partners, and all the other wonderful people I've worked with. It's because of all of you that I am surviving this online journey. It is my wish to meet each and every one of you in person. Until then, continue being the wonderful and reliable people that you are.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you are still standing strong. You are going to do great in the ETEC program. Hopefully we get to work together again :)

    ReplyDelete