Friday, October 12, 2012

Change is Good

Today I had a workshop for the evaluation program the Windward District is piloting. I brought my iPad and wireless keyboard to take notes. I noticed that besides the instructor, I was the only one who used a technological tool. However, this is not what surprised me. What did? I felt extremely comfortable using these wonderful tools.

I can tell you I received my iPad for Mother's Day 2012. I use it a lot around my home to do all sorts of stuff, but I rarely take it on the go. When I was getting ready to leave this morning, I thought of packing my laptop. Too big...I didn't want to lug that to my workshop. I immediately changed my thinking and put my iPad in my bag (along with the wireless keyboard).

My how I've changed! Since being in the OTEC program, it has become second nature for me to turn to my laptop to do all my assignments. I compose and read on my computer, so I use very little paper and ink. I know this is natural for an online program but little did I know it would change the way I do things outside of school. The way I see it is as long as my iPad is charged and I have it, I will not need a notebook.

Change is good right? I think so...I'll still keep my notebooks handy for the day that technology doesn't work. We all know that happens now and then.

Wondering about the workshop? Well, that was a big change for an online student...and the topic...let's just say that I was glad it was over when it was done.

No comments:

Post a Comment