Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Mid Week Blessings

Today is Wednesday and my brain is feeling so tired. I went to bed exhausted from the day to wake up to my husband telling me I had to get up to take our son to the bus stop. Wednesday is my only day to take him. On the radio going to the bus stop and then on the way back home, the DJ was having a contest saying the worst day out of the week for men is Monday, so what is the worst day for women? I thought for sure the answer was Wednesday because of how I was feeling. Well, I was wrong. A lady called in to say it was Friday. The reasoning behind that day was that the work week is done and now women have to get ready for all the events, cleaning, etc. that the weekend brings.

Fridays are not like that for me. I'm the most busy during the week tackling home, work and school responsibilities, so the middle of the week is usually when I feel the most tired. This explains why I feel the way I do this morning.

You see, I am blessed to have only one child. My husband and I agreed early on that we would not be parents who would over book our child. Therefore, the weekend is a time for our family to recoup from the week. We do have activities but not so many.  I actually enjoy the distraction that they bring; they help me to turn off my brain.

Blessings are all around us. We just need to slow down to see and realize them. Who else feels that having a great cup of coffee is a blessing? I just had mine, and I'm ready to get going again. Annotated bibliography...here I come...and Friday, don't come to soon, I have much to do still. : )

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed this mid week "pick up" post. I had a great conversation with you last night and consider the opportunity to get to know you better a true blessing. You are a wonderful person and I feel so lucky to have partnered with you on a couple group projects. If only all group projects were this fun! I'd have to disagree with the woman on the radio too. I love Fridays. Although it does mean time to clean and get ready for a weekend full of activities it also means more family time, which I can't seem to get enough of. Enjoy the rest of your week. Happy hump day!

    P.S. Apple just announced iPhone 5 this morning and are continuing to unveil exciting new developments to their products. That made my Wednesday a little brighter!

    ReplyDelete